Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Yummy Breakfast for Wellness"

     Breakfast can be a beast in the morning, three kids (4, 10, 13), three different personalities, three different schools, and one Mom who wants to feed them healthy, but quickly, and get them the heck off to school.
My favorite breakfast, (for those of you who know me) has always been oatmeal.
Steel cut/blueberries/strawberries/flax seed/chia seed/cinnamon/ agave to sweeten. Add all the listed or just what you like.
I slow-cook it in a mixture of Almond/Soy milk/water.
If you feel like adding a little more protein, toss some scrambled or hard boiled eggs on top.  I know, I know, this sounds disgusting, but it's actually really good. You and your kids will be full much longer, thank the slow absorbing carbs, and the chia for that!
     I make a lot, and put it in small containers.  I put some in the fridge, and most in the freezer, ready when you need it.
Pure health in an AM makes for a great start to the day. Plus, it makes the house smell like Mom's.

1 comment: